The Point Loma Association has adopted Social Mixers as an excellent way to increase exposure and membership. These mixers provide a fun environment that intertwine local business professionals and residents, giving people the opportunity to get to know their local businesses and neighbors.
Our Next Mixer is September 24
With the PLA’s strong ties with local restaurant owners, the Social Mixer strategy will look like this:
- For now, any local resident or business professional is welcome to come to any event with no fee to enter. PLA’s events are held quarterly. In the future, the PLA may require attendees be a PLA member.
- We promote the networking event to not only PLA members, but on sites like Meetup.com, through public relation channels, and in Point Loma media outlets (newspaper, magazine, television, newsletters, etc.). In addition, our website attracts people through search engine optimization. Once again, any local resident or business professional is invited.
- The long term goal will be to switch venues to various restaurants (this will be a good way to attract more business memberships too). The PLA has held events at places such as Stone Brewery (Liberty Station) and The Wine Pub (off Shelter Island Drive).
- Food/beverage costs vary per event. Notification of costs involved are communicated well in advance.
- During the event, a Social Mixer liaison speak briefly to the attendees about the purpose of the meetings, which includes telling their friends/family about PLA, the networking opportunities, liking us on Social Media platforms, and sponsorship opportunities at future meetings. In addition, that person will also introduce that month's business sponsor.
- A business sponsor gets a 3-minute opportunity to pitch their business. In addition, sponsors are advised to raffle a gift, which will intrigue more people to come.
- The PLA Representing Speaker (PLA President) will have a chance to promote the PLA, and speak about upcoming events and/or projects.
- At the exit of the venue, members/Attendees will be advised to comment on the Networking events and write down their suggestions on what they would like to see at future events.
- The opportunities can go on and on...
More PLA Events
Become a member today to help Point Loma stay beautiful tomorrow
Your contributions help us do our work to beautify Point Loma
Your time is valuable! Volunteering with the PLA is appreciated.